Fully and Faithfully Implement the Principle of
"One Country, Two Systems"
10. The development of Hong Kong allows no delay. Social stability is the prerequisite for our development, and we have to get rid of any interference. We must carry on the mainstream values characterised by the love of both the Motherland and Hong Kong at the core and in conformity with the principle of "One Country, Two Systems", and motivate the whole community to work together to create a better future.
11. We will continue to steadfastly safeguard the constitutional order of the HKSAR and our country's fundamental system set out under the Constitution. We will further strengthen publicity and education on the Constitution, the Basic Law and the Law of the People's Republic of China on Safeguarding National Security in the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (the National Security Law). The Basic Law Promotion Steering Committee, led by the Chief Secretary for Administration, will be renamed the Constitution and the Basic Law Promotion Steering Committee to underline the importance the Government attaches to the promotion of the Constitution as well as our determination to take forward relevant work.
12. To further preserve the dignity of the regional flag and the regional emblem as a symbol and ensign of the HKSAR, the Government will introduce into the Legislative Council (LegCo) amendments to the Regional Flag and Regional Emblem Ordinance within the current legislative year to align with the National Flag and National Emblem Ordinance and the National Anthem Ordinance as appropriate.
13. To ensure the faithful adherence to the legislative intent of the National Security Law, we will further strengthen the legal system and enforcement mechanisms for safeguarding national security by pressing ahead with the preparatory work for the enactment of legislation to implement Article 23 of the Basic Law, legislating for the regulation of online and offline crowdfunding activities, making laws for enhancing cybersecurity of critical infrastructure, completing the consultancy study on addressing the issue of false information for policy consideration, etc.
14. To implement "patriots administering Hong Kong", the Government will strictly adhere to the improved electoral system in organising various elections in accordance with the law. Patriots aspiring to participate in politics and policy debates will be given the opportunities to be elected in a fair, just and open manner. Moreover, the Government will, on the basis of integrity and competence, draw widely on outstanding individuals who love the Motherland and Hong Kong and with resolute stance, strong governance capabilities and the passion to serve the community into the Government and various committees and public bodies.
15. I will strengthen and implement the executive-led structure and continue to explore ways to foster constructive and interactive relationships between the executive and the legislature. The Ante Chamber exchange sessions will be refined to strengthen exchanges with Members of the LegCo, so as to achieve better collaboration in policy formulation. Together, we can enhance our governing capability by following through decisions made after informed discussion.